Stories produced and published by NIMJN fall under the Creative Commons — Attribution/No derivatives license. You can republish our articles for free online and offline, by following the steps mentioned below.
Step 1: If you are looking to republish our stories, contact us at [email protected]
Step 2: Once you have gotten in contact with us and received the green light to republish our content, you can use the following republishing guidelines
Republishing guidelines for NIMJN (in the process of story production and collaboration with other media outlets)
1. Editing the story
What you can do:
- Make minor changes to fit the preferred editorial style of your publications
- Minor changes accounting for references to time and place
What you cannot do:
- Make major changes, including changes to headlines or translations into other languages
- Always credit NIMJN in a clear and visible way: “This story was originally published by the Nepal Investigative Multimedia Journalism Network (NIMJN). For more on the (insert topic of the article), visit www.nimjn.org”.
- Always credit the author in the byline. Example: Sita Karki / NIMJN
- For print publications, provide a link to our homepage (www.nimjn.org)
- For online publication, provide a direct URL to the published story on NIMJN’s official website
- Double-check whether the images that appear in our story are available for use before republishing. If they fall under the Creative Commons license, you may use them. For others, you may have to get exclusive permission from the original owner. (You can contact us at [email protected] and we can help you sort it out)
3. Sharing our stories
Kindly tag us in the following when you share our stories on social media platforms:
We are always happy to have our stories shared and read by others. After you publish our stories, kindly let us know via [email protected] so we are also kept in the loop.