A brief introduction
Nepal Investigative Multimedia Journalism Network (NIMJN) is a non-profit organization working to improve the standards of investigative multimedia journalism in Nepal through advanced training, mentorship, and in-depth investigative stories publication. It was legally registered with the government of Nepal in April 2020. It promotes collaboration among reporters to produce investigative stories related to social justice and accountability issues, using the latest tools and techniques. NIMJN is also a member of the Global Investigative Multimedia Journalism Network (GIJN) and a new partner organization of the Organized Crime and Corruption Reporting Project(OCCRP).
What we aim
- To promote investigative and independent journalism in Nepal
- To produce investigative multimedia stories related to social justice and accountability issues using the latest tools and techniques
- To provide advanced multimedia training for journalists
- To support journalists on their well-being
Impact-driven journalism in favor of the public interest by holding the people in power accountable.
We produce evidence-based investigative multimedia stories by equipping journalists with the latest tools and techniques on social justice and accountability issues.
- Integrity and Accountability
- Journalistic ethics and inclusiveness
- Fairness and impartiality